After visiting a beautician, almost everyone is interested in the question: is it possible to do a massage (after all, the specialist did this during the procedure itself) and how to properly massage the lips after augmentation? Immediately remember the prohibitions, namely, not to touch the lips for at least three days, or even a week, but massage is not only touching but also carrying out certain manipulations. How to be in this case? Those who carefully read the instructions noted that the massage is done only on the recommendation of a specialist who will tell and show you how to properly conduct the session yourself. If such instructions have not been received, it is better not to engage in amateur performances, so as not to destroy the result of so much work and patience.
Massage after lip augmentation
Whether it is necessary to knead the lips after augmentation with hyaluronic acid depends on several factors. It is mandatory to carry out massage in such cases:
- the use of a filler with an anesthetic (an additional component that is not biologically compatible in structure with the body fluid can cause side effects);
- the formation of cones and tubercles, regardless of the location and depth of placement;
- with the introduction of a significant amount of filler for its proportional distribution.
To be absolutely precise, massage and warm-up of the lips after augmentation should be done in any case, but not on the first day. The cosmetologist will give advice on both the time factor and the specifics of the movements performed. The client only needs to listen carefully and memorize in order to repeat it at home.
How to massage lips correctly
Massage after lip augmentation is done, as a rule, twice a day, during the morning toilet. This will extend the time of your stay in the bathroom by five to seven minutes, but it will give you the opportunity to enjoy the result of the transformation of your appearance faster and longer.
Toothbrush massage rules:
- after brushing your teeth, turn the brush over with the backside and apply it to your lips;
- knead your lips gently, without pressing, with soft circular movements;
- massage first from the center to the corners, and then in the opposite direction – massage correctly with smooth, light circular movements;
- then also from the center to the corners and back to do patting, but very soft, not sharply, and not hard.
After the massage, it is very good to carry out a set of simple exercises:
- with slightly elongated lips, pronounce vowel sounds as if you are going to sing a lullaby;
- inflate your cheeks one by one. Inhale is drawn out and long, hold the exhale for a few seconds and then release the air through the “duck’s mouth”;
- with closed lips, turn right and left, using the lower jaw. At the same time, try not to pull your lips into a tube, but to move “the whole array”.
At the end of the cycle, lubricate your lips with a moisturizer. It can be banal hygienic lipstick (but high quality) or cosmetic oil.
If there is no allergy to stove products, natural high-quality honey will very well relieve swelling and help the skin to recover faster. It is better to use a liquid light variety, which does not have an admixture of bee bread and propolis.
When is it forbidden to knead your lips
Do not think that if you massage your mouth from the very first minutes of returning home after lip augmentation, you can avoid puffiness and other undesirable, but inevitable consequences. There are times when massage is generally prohibited.
- The first day after the procedure, it is not recommended to touch the lips. Yes, this, in principle, will not be possible, since painful sensations and severe discomfort will interfere with the implementation of such plans.
- It is not advisable to carry out any manipulations as long as there are injection wounds on the skin.
- If bumps and bumps are found in the tissues, you should immediately contact the specialist who performed the procedure. Only he will be able to say what caused the phenomenon, and whether massage will help get rid of it.
- In case of severe edema, bruising and bruising, kneading the lips is strictly prohibited.
Any master performing the procedure will tell the client about all the rules of post-lip care. If unforeseen circumstances arise in the form of complications or incomprehensible reactions, immediately seek qualified help.
How does massage therapy affect the magnification result
After the procedure, you return home armed with new lips and the knowledge of how to massage the lips after augmentation. But what this procedure will give and why it is so important will hardly be emphasized. We will fill the historical injustice and gather important and useful information.
- Warming up will help restore blood supply to the desired level and distribute the filler evenly throughout the tissues.
In any case, massage helps to prevent premature skin aging by stimulating metabolic processes in all layers of the epidermis and dermis.
- The rate of disintegration of hyaluronic acid decreases and, accordingly, the effect of the procedure is extended to 6-12 months (depending on the initial task and the amount of filler).
- Improves the effect of correction, eliminates the risk of irregularities in the form of bumps and dents on the surface of the lips.
The lip augmentation procedure does not yet guarantee a stunning result, especially immediately after it. It takes a certain amount of time, effort, and adherence to post-care rules for the effect to be at the level of your expectations.
It is important to remember that the operation should be performed by an experienced and qualified massage therapist. This will determine not only how much the lip augmentation operation and massage therapy cost, but also the result obtained. Step Above Massage in Raleigh, North Carolina. Raleigh massage clients’ safety is our first priority. Our professional and knowledgeable therapists try to make a comfortable and safe environment for all clients.